Due to Specialty Ring Products’ classification as an essential business we have remained in operation throughout the COVID-19 crisis. In maintaining operations our foremost concern has been the health and well-being of our employees. In order to address that concern and meet the needs of our customers, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Employees are instructed to stay at home if they are sick and to use additional sick days per the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- A thorough cleaning of workspaces and commonly used areas is performed daily and at the end of each shift.
- Shift start times have been staggered to reduce interaction and limit the number of employees in common areas.
- We have moved to a four-day work week with longer shifts to reduce exposure. This also allows our facility to “cool off” for three days over the extended weekend.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory.
- Temperature screening of all employees is performed at the beginning of each shift.
- Employees who are not essential to production work from home.
- Visitors are not permitted on site unless necessary. In such circumstances, visitors are subject to the same guidelines as employees.
While we anticipate the Governor of Pennsylvania’s stay-at-home order to be lifted in the coming weeks, SRP will continue to monitor the situation closely and adhere to health and safety recommendations from the state, the CDC, and OSHA.