Due to Specialty Ring Products’ classification as an essential business we have remained in operation throughout the COVID-19 crisis. In maintaining operations our foremost concern has been the health and well-being of our employees. In order to address that concern and meet the needs of our customers, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Employees are instructed to stay at home if they are sick and to use additional sick days per the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- A thorough cleaning of workspaces and commonly used areas is performed daily and at the end of each shift.
- Shift start times have been staggered to reduce interaction and limit the number of employees in common areas.
- We have moved to a four-day work week with longer shifts to reduce exposure. This also allows our facility to “cool off” for three days over the extended weekend.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory.
- Temperature screening of all employees is performed at the beginning of each shift.
- Employees who are not essential to production work from home.
- Visitors are not permitted on site unless necessary. In such circumstances, visitors are subject to the same guidelines as employees.
While we anticipate the Governor of Pennsylvania’s stay-at-home order to be lifted in the coming weeks, SRP will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and adhere to health and safety recommendations from the state, the CDC, and OSHA.