SRP, located in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, is a leading supplier of forged seamless rolled rings and machining services to the aerospace, bearing, and gear industries. Our business is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for dependable, self-motivated individuals who want to grow—personally and professionally—along with our business.
Pay and Benefits
As a full-time SRP employee, you will receive competitive wages, and Paid Time Off for vacation, holidays, and your birthday. You will be eligible for health, dental, short-term disability, and life insurance. SRP pays more than 90% of employee insurance premiums. SRP also makes annual discretionary contributions to employee 401(k) retirement accounts.
SRP is a family-owned business in operation since 1890. Our work environment supports employees to do their best work.
Specialty Ring Products is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the following positions:
Forge Shop Foreman/Supervisor
- Supervise Forging production team (10-15 team members) to ensure customer orders are completed to SRP Quality & Safety standards.
- On time delivery is critical for our customers. Ensure orders are completed according to the schedule. Meet daily and weekly production schedules.
- Communicate and coordinate tooling requirements with the Tooling Department lead.
- Monitor production and troubleshoot problems with production and engineering teams. Perform periodic quality checks and first article inspections.
- Ensure equipment uptime through established PM schedule and coordinate repairs with maintenance team and equipment vendors.
- Establish daily work assignments and enforce attendance and other work rules.
- Complete applicable forging industry training to develop skills.
- Lead daily, weekly, monthly Forging Department meetings.
Production & Tooling Scheduler
- Manage & Monitor Production Schedule in the Scheduling System – We are a make-to-order job shop. We use Epicor ERP to manage production and scheduling. The Scheduler will establish lead times for production, tooling and outsource testing and heat treating.
- Set Weekly Production Schedule – Deliver schedule to each department (tooling, cutting, forging, heat treat, machining, and outsourcing) and review weekly performance to plan. Adjust schedule based on customer needs to steel availability.
- Daily Production Kick Off – Meet daily with each department to review previous day’s performance and ensure schedule for the day is ready to go or if adjustments in the schedule are needed.
- Daily Labor Review – Ensure labor is accurately captured for each department in Epicor.
- Manage Tooling Purchasing – Order tool steel and outsourced tools as needed to meet the tooling schedule.
- Monitor & Report On-Time Delivery – Our customer’s #1 priority is on time delivery and accurate delivery dates. Scheduler will monitor and report on time delivery.
- Production Team Member – Scheduler is a key member of the production team and reports directly to the plant manager.
Manual Lathe Machinist
- Operate Victor Engine Lathe with 15-inch chuck.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
SRP is currently seeking experienced CNC operators. Primary responsibilities include setup and operation of conventional, special purpose, CNC and Numerical Control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met
- Operate metalworking machines to make housings, fittings, and fixtures
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Daily greasing & lubrication of all shop equipment.
- Routine electrical repairs such as receptacles, switches, & motor repairs.
- Ensuring all supplies needed for production are in stock & readily available such as Lubricants & Charcoal.
- Mechanical repairs to all equipment daily.
- Filtering of oil needed to run presses on all production lines.
- Forklift repairs & OSHA daily logs.
- Filling of propane tanks for all forklifts.
- Occasional janitorial duties such as emptying trash, shoveling snow as needed.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as installing faucets, pipe threading and installation
If you are interested in applying for a posted position at Specialty Ring Products, please complete the application form below, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 215-245-7060.